Boosting the Local Care Workforce
Category Services for People with Disabilities
Closing Date & Time
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via a restricted competitive process to apply to deliver services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Transition - Boosting the Local Care Workforce from December 2017 to 30 September 2019.
The Grant Opportunity is intended to build disability sector capacity and service provider readiness in the lead up to full National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) implementation, and for aged care employers and workers. It will provide timely assistance targeted to a region’s workforce requirements, helping employers increase the supply of care workers in the right areas by:
- providing targeted assistance for disability service providers to develop business models responsive to individualised funding – primarily disability service providers given the significant transition they are currently experiencing;
- providing financial assistance to improve service provider operational capacity to understand and respond to changing consumer demand and to ensure there is an efficient, responsive and innovative market that meets the diverse needs of people with disability, older Australians and their families;
- supporting the development of specific market interventions (for example, allied health services and supporting people with complex needs) where it is anticipated there is a risk of market failure in the future;
- linking job seekers with disability and aged care sector employers who will provide training, on-the-job skills training, support and coaching; and
- contributing to the development of an evidence base to identify where gaps are evident and to inform further workforce and market support activities.
More information about the services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Transition – Boosting the Local Care Workforce and their delivery as well as requirements for applicants can be found in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines:
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Department of Social Services grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found at the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2016-906 – Boosting the Local Care Workforce when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.