Communities Combating Pest and Weed Impacts During Drought Program - Biosecurity Management of Pests and Weeds – Round 2
Delivered on behalf of Department of Agriculture
Selection Process Restricted
Closing Date & Time
The Australian Government is inviting local councils via a restricted competitive process to apply to deliver projects under the Communities Combating Pests and Weed Impacts During Drought Program - Biosecurity Management of Pests and Weeds - Round 2 in selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) in 2019–2021.
The objectives of the program are to:
- stimulate economic activity in areas where projects take place
- facilitate local employment in areas where projects take place
- increase farm business profitability
- assist communities manage the negative impact of pest animals and weeds during drought on agricultural production
- contribute to the government’s broader biosecurity objectives
- provide pest animal and weed control benefits to communities where projects take place.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- the detrimental economic, social and environmental effects associated with pest animals and weeds during drought is reduced
- Councils and other groups such as Landcare work together to reduce the impacts of pest animals and weeds in eligible LGAs
- increasing the use and uptake of innovative natural resource management technologies and best management practices
- the information, financial and institutional capacity of communities and their participation in natural resource management is increased.
More information about the Communities Combating Pests and Weed Impacts During Drought Program - Biosecurity Management of Pests and Weeds – Round 2, as well as requirements for applicants can be found in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Other grant opportunity documents are only accessible by invited applicants on the GrantConnect website.
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Community Grants Hub grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Other future grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 (option 1) and/or email email@example.com.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found on the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2019-3405 – Communities Combating Pest and Weed Impacts During Drought Program - Biosecurity Management of Pests and Weeds – Round 2 when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.