The Fathering Project – national expansion
Category Social Inclusion
Delivered on behalf of Department of Social Services
Selection Process Restricted
Closing Date & Time
The Australian Government is inviting an organisation via a restricted process to apply to deliver services under the Families and Communities Program – Families and Children Activity – Children and Parenting Sub-activity – Children and Parenting Support Component nationally from June 2019 to June 2021.
The Fathering Project will primarily focus on children aged 0-12 years and their fathers and father figures, but may include children up to age 18 years.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are:
- early intervention and prevention support to children and their families, particularly father and father figures
- to expand the Fathering Project in existing and new regions nationally, with particular focus on the:
- expansion of the Fathering Project schools program nationally
- development of an enhanced digital presence to facilitate better engagement with fathers online.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- improved child development outcomes by improving the involvement and effectiveness of fathers
- increased capacity of participants in a parenting role (particularly fathers and father figures)
- engagement of vulnerable families in the school community and increased social supports for fathers and father figures
- increased parenting resources available to fathers and father figures via The Fathering Project website, social media and mailing list
- increased capacity to self-generate funds to ensure the sustainability of the project beyond the life of the grant.
More information about the Families and Children Program – The Fathering Project national expansion, as well as requirements for applicants can be found in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Other grant opportunity documents are only accessible by invited applicants on the GrantConnect website.
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Community Grants Hub grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Other future grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found on the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2018-2791 - The Fathering Project - national expansion when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.