Fisheries Assistance and User Engagement Package - Our Marine Parks Round One
Category Natural Resources - Conservation and Protection
Delivered on behalf of the Department of Environment and Energy
Selection Process Restricted
Closing Date & Time
The Our Marine Parks Grants program (the Program) was announced on 1 July 2018 to assist industries and communities to transition to the new management arrangements for Australian Marine Parks.
The objective of Our Marine Parks Round One Grant Opportunity is to support the fishing sector to plan for and continue to deliver sustainable fishing and conservation outcomes in the context of Australian Marine Parks. This is achieved by funding projects that:
- improve the long-term sustainability of fishing in ways that support the objectives of Australian Marine Parks management plans which are:
- the protection and conservation of biodiversity and other natural, cultural and heritage values of marine parks
- ecologically sustainable use and enjoyment of the natural resources within marine parks, where this is consistent with objective above
- facilitate the engagement of marine park users in activities to support the management of Australian Marine Parks
- assist in engaging marine park users in programs that contribute to the knowledge of Australian Marine Parks
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity is increased engagement in the management of Australian Marine Parks through high quality projects that deliver both sustainable fishing and conservation outcomes.
A second competitive round of Our Marine Parks Grants will open in the second half of 2019, and will be available to a wider range of marine park users.
More information about the Fisheries Assistance and User Engagement Package - Our Marine Parks Round One Grants, as well as requirements for applicants can be found in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Other grant opportunity documents are only accessible by invited applicants on the GrantConnect website.
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Community Grants Hub grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Other future grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
If you are interested in receiving updates about Australian Marine Parks, subscribe to the mailing list.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 or email email@example.com.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found on the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2018-2600 – Fisheries Assistance and User Engagement Package - Our Marine Parks Round One when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.