National Disability Conference Initiative 2018-19
Selection Process Open
Closing Date & Time
The Australian Government is inviting applications through an open process to apply for the Disability, Mental Health and Carers Program – Disability and Carer Support - National Disability Conference Initiative. The initiative provides funding of up to $10,000 to conference organisers for disability-related conferences with a national focus planned for the 2018-19 year to:
- assist people with disability with the costs of attending conferences, (for example, conference fees, accommodation, travel for domestic participants), assist family members or carers providing support to a person with disability attending a conference (for example with costs associated with conference fees, accommodation, travel for domestic participants), or
- facilitate access so that people with disability can participate in conferences (for example, by funding accessible materials, Auslan interpreters, assistive computer devices or software, aids or appliances or other costs of ensuring venue accessibility).
Disability-related conferences are considered to be so if at least half of the schedule focuses on people with disability, and issues affecting the lifetime wellbeing and social participation of people with disability.
A ‘nationally-focused’ conference is a conference:
- for which the majority of the conference schedule focuses on national (rather than state, local or regional) issues, and
- which is open to participants from across Australia (rather than being restricted to participants in a particular state or territory).
More information about the services under the Disability, Mental Health and Carers Program – Disability and Carer Support – National Disability Conference Initiative 2018-19 and their delivery in Australia as well as requirements for applicants can be found in the following documents that form the Grant Opportunity:
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- Sample Application Form
- Questions and Answers
- Letter of Offer - General Grant Conditions
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Department of Social Services grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is available.
Other future Government grants and opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the whole of Government information system for Commonwealth grants.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found at the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2017-1880 – National Disability Conference Initiative 2018-19, when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.