The Community Grants Hub (the Hub) provides a shared-services arrangement to deliver grant administration services on behalf of Australian Government client agencies to support their policy outcomes. Client agencies are responsible for grant policy and the development of grant programs, while the Hub is responsible for administering grant programs at the direction of policy owners and consistent with the requirements of the Commonwealth Grants Rules and Guidelines 2017 (PDF).
The Hub provides grant administration services for the Department of Social Services and the following external agencies:
- Attorney-General's Department
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
- Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Veterans' Affairs
- National Indigenous Australians Agency
Over time, grant applicants and recipients will experience:
- reduced red tape through faster, simpler processes so organisations don’t have to repeat the same information
- improved reporting processes
- increased self-service capability
- increased access to grant opportunities and grant information
- more intuitive online services.
The Hub offers grants administration services throughout the following phases.
|Planning and defining the details of a program and how it will be implemented to achieve intended outcomes.||Advertising the grant and selecting grant recipients.||Creating, populating, varying and executing grant agreements or contracts.||Monitoring and assurance of provider performance.|