The Community Grants Hub, in the Department of Social Services, provides a shared-services arrangement to deliver grant administration services on behalf of Australian Government client agencies to support their policy outcomes. Client agencies retain their responsibility for grant policy and the development of grant programs, while the Hub is responsible for administering grant programs at the direction of policy owners and consistent with the requirements of the Commonwealth Grants Rules and Guidelines 2017.
The Community Grants Hub provides grant administration services for the Department of Social Services and the following external agencies:
- National Disability Insurance Agency
- Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Department of Agriculture
- Attorney-General's Department
- Department of Education
- Department of Health
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Home Affairs
- Department of the Environment and Energy
Over time, grant applicants and recipients will experience:
- reduced red tape through faster, simpler processes so organisations don’t have to repeat the same information
- improved reporting processes
- increased self-service capability
- increased access to grant opportunities and grant information
- more intuitive online services.
The Hub offers grants administration services throughout the following phases:
|Planning and defining the details of a program and how it will be implemented to achieve intended outcomes.||Advertising the grant round and selecting the grant recipients.||Creating, populating, varying, negotiating and executing grant agreements or contracts.||Funding or contract management activities with a strong focus on monitoring service and provider performance.||Determining the efficiency or effectiveness of the grant outcomes and grant administration.