Have your say on ways to help strengthen the community sector
The Australian Government is committed to developing a stronger, more diverse and independent community sector.
Public consultation is now open on an issues paper. Your feedback will inform a package of recommendations the department is developing on innovative approaches to grant funding for the community sector.
The issues paper has 5 focus areas for discussion:
- Giving the sector the voice and respect it deserves through a meaningful working partnership.
- Providing grants that reflect the real cost of delivering quality services.
- Providing longer grant agreement terms.
- Ensuring grant funding flows to a greater diversity of Community Service Organisations.
- Partnering with trusted community organisations with strong local links.
To share your views and help support long-term change for the sector that provides support to individuals, families and communities when they need it most, visit the DSS Engage website.
Submissions close on 7 November 2023.