Supported Employment: Structural Adjustment Fund Grant Opportunity
The Structural Adjustment Fund (the Fund) will run over 3 years from 2023–24 to 2025–26. The program was announced as part of the Government’s 2023–24 Budget.
The grant opportunity will support the employment of people with high support needs, with a view of assisting the sector to evolve in line with the guiding principles for the future of supported employment. The Fund will seek to support projects that enable the introduction of innovative approaches to:
- create pathways to open employment
- allow supported employment workplaces to better meet community expectations
- create sustainable employment opportunities for people with disability.
Up to $29.5 million is available under the Fund, with grants to be allocated over 2 rounds. There will be up to $20 million available in this first round, with individual grants expected to be between $50,000 and $500,000. A second round is expected to open in the second half of 2024.
The Fund will be open to applicants or consortia where the applicant or lead applicant is a registered NDIS provider.
A wide variety of projects will be considered, however all eligible grant activities under the Fund must:
- clearly align with the guiding principles for the future of supported employment
- support people with high support needs to progress towards their employment goals.
Projects that rely on an existing evidence base for delivery of effective employment supports will be prioritised.