Non-Audited Financial Acquittals
A non-audited financial acquittal report is the income and expenditure statement for the grant. It confirms your Organisation spent funding on the activity per the Grant Agreement, Schedule and Terms and Conditions.
There is no specific format for a non-audited financial acquittal; however, it must:
- adhere to the applicable Australian Accounting Standards and be based on proper accounts and records
- verify that the funding has been spent on the activity per the Agreement, Schedule and Terms and Conditions
- pertain to Departmental funding only (an income and expense statement for your whole Organisation is not acceptable)
- differentiate income and expenditure relating to each grant you are funded for
- include any other expenditure detail required under the Grant Agreement and the Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- be certified by the Board, chief executive officer or an authorised officer of the Organisation
Please ensure you only acquit the departmental funds that have been paid and/or rolled over from the previous financial year. Please do not include other sources of income or expenditure unless specified in your grant agreement.
You can submit your non-audited financial acquittal in any format (e.g. excel, word, PDF). Please see an example of a non-audited financial acquittal that meets our requirements.
How do I submit the Non-Audited Financial Acquittal?
NOTE: Organisations funded by the Department of Health & Aged Care can submit their non-audited financial acquittal by following the instructions in the acquittal reminder email. All other Organisations not funded by the Department of Health & Aged Care, please read on.
You can submit your non-audited financial acquittal by completing the online acquittal form and attaching your non-audited financial acquittal report.
Links and instructions for accessing the online acquittal form are emailed to Funding Recipients 30 days before the acquittal due date.
Organisations registered for the Grant Recipient Portal will be prompted to access acquittal forms directly from the portal links. If you need assistance accessing the Grant Recipient Portal, please visit the Grant Recipient Portal Access page.
Organisations not registered for the Grant Recipient Portal will be provided with a link and code to access the Financial Acquittal report. Please note that each acquittal has a unique link and access code. You cannot complete your acquittal using an old or alternate link and access code.
Please see the task card on how to complete the online form for further information. If required, you can email your non-audited financial acquittal to:
- Department of Social Services: DSSacquittals@communitygrants.gov.au
- Volunteer Grants: VGacquittals@communitygrants.gov.au
- Attorney-General’s Department: AGD.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Education: DE.email@example.com
- Department of Employment and Workplace Relations: DEWR.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Health & Aged Care: DOH.email@example.com
- Department of Home Affairs: DHA.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs: DVAacquittals@communitygrants.gov.au
- Prime Minister and Cabinet: PMC.Acquittals@communitygrants.gov.au
- Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water: DCCEEW.Acquittals@communitygrants.gov.au
Contact your Funding Arrangement Manager if you need assistance with your non-audited financial acquittal.