Disability and Carer Support - National Disability Advocacy Program
Category Services for People with Disabilities
Delivered on behalf of Department of Social Services
Selection Process Restricted
Closing Date & Time
The Australian Government is inviting applications via a closed non-competitive process to deliver services under Outcome 3: Disability and Carers – Program 3.1.2: Disability and Carer Support for the National Disability Advocacy Program (NDAP) from 1 December 2021 to 11 January 2022.
NDAP provides people with disability access to effective disability advocacy to promote, protect and ensure equal enjoyment of all human rights enabling community participation.
With the grant, successful applicants will become an NDAP organisation and provide individual advocates to assist people with complex, specialised and often serious issues that can include, however, not be limited to:
- understanding disability rights and responsibilities
- discrimination, criminal and child protection cases
- mental health facilities and through mental health review tribunals
- resolving issues about government benefits, payments, pensions and support services
- support through tribunals for guardianship, tenancy and consumer affairs
- access to housing, education and other state or territory based systems
- support and coordinate systems for people in domestic violence situations
- resolve complex service provision or complaints issues, particularly those that are difficult for the person to speak to.
More information about NDAP, as well as requirements for applicants can be found in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Other grant opportunity documents are only accessible by invited applicants on the GrantConnect website.
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Community Grants Hub grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Other future grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 (option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found on the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2021-5707 – National Disability Advocacy Program when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.