Future Drought Fund - Drought Resilience Innovation Expression of Interest (EOI) and Grants Program
Delivered on behalf of the Department of Agriculture Water and the Environment
Selection Process Open
Closing Date & Time
The Australian Government is inviting Expression of Interest applications via an open competitive process for grants under the Future Drought Fund - Drought Resilience Innovation Expression of Interest (EOI) and Grants Program from 29 July 2021 to 8 September 2021.
3 grant types are available in this EOI and grant opportunity.
- Ideas Grants will provide $50,000 (GST inclusive) for one year.
- Proof-of-Concept Grants will provide funding of up to $120,000 (GST inclusive) for one year.
- Innovation Grants will provide funding of between $300,000 to $1.1 million (GST inclusive) per year for a maximum of 3 years.
This grant opportunity will run through a 2-part process.
You can express interest in an Innovation Grant, Proof-of-Concept Grant, or an Ideas Grant. You may submit more than one application. Separate projects need a separate application form.
The EOI process will be used to move applications into the most appropriate funding stream to support merit worthy proposals of varying scale and development, and to manage risks.
If your proposal is assessed as suitable in the EOI process for an Innovation Grant or a Proof-of-Concept Grant, you will be invited to apply for these through a targeted competitive grant round.
If your proposal is assessed as suitable in the EOI process for an Ideas Grant, you will be offered this grant based on your EOI.
More information about the Expression of Interest, requirements for applicants and a public register to assist connections, can be found in the following grant opportunity documents and links:
- Watch this short video to find out more - Applying for grants - short video
- An information Webinar was held on Monday 9 August 2021. The Future Drought Fund Innovation Grants Webinar is available for anyone unable to attend.
- A copy of the transcript from the Webinar is available below.
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- Questions and Answers
- Register of interest - If you have a great idea, but need to find another party to collaborate with, register your interest here to form connections to progress your idea - Have Your Say - Drought Resilience Research and Adoption Program
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Community Grants Hub grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Other future grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 (option 1) or email email@example.com.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found on the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2021-5690 - Future Drought Fund Drought Resilience Innovation Expression of Interest (EOI) and Grants Program when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.