The Australian Government is inviting applications through a targeted competitive process to apply for grant funding under Outcome 2.4 Veterans Community Care and Support – Grants-in-Aid Program.
The program aims to fund discrete projects or activities by national ex‑service organisations (ESOs) that address a specific problem or issue and will achieve a clear benefit to the ex-service and Defence community.
This program is open to bona fide national ESOs and provides funding to encourage cooperation and communication between the ex-service community, ESOs and the Australian Government. Funding for national ESOs aims to encourage the advancement of the objectives of ESOs.
The objective of the grant opportunity is to fund discrete projects or activities that address a specific problem or issue and will achieve a clear benefit to the Australian ex-service and Defence community.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- encourage co-operation and communication between the ex-service community, ESOs and the Australian Government
- assist ESOs to:
- support their branches, sub-branches and affiliated organisations in performing compensation or wellbeing advocacy or other welfare work
- advance the objectives of all ESOs more generally, including improved co‑operation and communication between national bodies, branches, sub‑branches and affiliated organisations on repatriation and military compensation matters.
More information about the Grants-in-Aid program, as well as requirements for applicants, can be found in the following grant opportunity documents:
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- Questions and Answers
- Sample Letter of Agreement with Grant Conditions
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Community Grants Hub grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Other future grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 (option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found on the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2019-2922 – Grants-in-Aid program when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.