Regional Agricultural Show Development Grants Program
The Australian Government is inviting applications via a targeted competitive process to apply for funding under the Regional Agricultural Show Development Grants Program (the program).
Funding will be available to eligible regional show societies for the maintenance and upgrade of existing infrastructure and the building, purchase, rent or construction of new infrastructure related to the running of an agricultural show on regional showgrounds.
The objectives of the program are to help:
- keep agricultural shows running
- bring communities together
- bridge the divide between country and city.
Outcomes from the program are expected to include:
- improved amenity of showground infrastructure to improve the experience of showground users and visitors. The amenities can include but are not limited to, for example, new and/or improved exhibiting and seating facilities, upgrading existing buildings to meet contemporary accessibility standards, building new or upgrading existing roads and buildings.
- improved flexibility of use of showground infrastructure to increase the opportunity for it to be used for other events that bring the community together through the year.
- use of modern construction methods and materials that reduce on-going maintenance and repair of infrastructure.
- reduced operational costs for events conducted at and using showground facilities.
- greater variety of attractions to improve shows’ ability to attract visitors.
Applicants applying for this grant must deliver their projects in eligible regional areas. Eligible areas are defined by postcodes in all of Australia, excluding the Urban Centre and Locality (UCL) capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Canberra and Darwin, as defined by the Australian Bureau of Statistics’ (ABS) Australian Statistical Geography Standard.
You can find a document listing the postcodes excluded from the program attached below. If the location of the showground is in one of these postcodes, your grant application will be ineligible. The ABS has a mapping tool that may also help you determine if your postcode lies within an eligible regional area.
Applicants applying for a grant under the state-wide stream are not required to be located in a regional area, but must demonstrate the funding they are applying for will be used to benefit regional agricultural shows.
More information about the Regional Agricultural Show Development Grants Program, as well as requirements for applicants, can be found in the following grant opportunity documents:
- Grant Opportunity Guidelines
- Questions and Answers
- Budget Template
- Project Plan Template
- Sample Commonwealth Standard Grant Agreement
- Sample Commonwealth Standard Grant Conditions
- Sample Commonwealth Standard Supplementary Terms
- List of excluded postcodes
Subscribe to receive updates
Organisations and individuals interested in Community Grants Hub grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Other future grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.
Contacting the Community Grants Hub
If you would like assistance, please call the Community Grants Hub Hotline on 1800 020 283 (option 1) or email email@example.com.
More information about the Community Grants Hub can be found on the Community Grants Hub website.
Please quote 2019-3401 – Regional Agricultural Show Development Grants Program when you phone or email the Community Grants Hub.